MINARIS MEDICAL AMERICA
Technical Support Coordinator
The Technical Support Coordinator is located in Mountain View, CA. This position will : (1) lead the team that provides technical customer support for products and services; (2) be the first level escalation point for complex or critical customer issues; (3) Mentor, coach and support Laboratory Training Specialists; (4) Monitor and schedule customer installations and trainings. The successful Technical Support Coordinator is self-motivated, resourceful, and committed to world class technical support & customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, manage and develop Laboratory Training Specialists; make decisions; solve problems; manage team performance, train, cross-train, educate and schedule; interview, hire, develop and update job descriptions; write performance reviews.
- Develop strong relationships with reference laboratories to provide optimal technical support.
- Communicate with existing accounts on technical support topics.
- Manage and submit call reports, monthly reports, expense reports, and time-off reports.
- Develop and continually update Standard Operating Procedures, forms, and policies, as required for ISO13485 and FDA for technical support, and technical training procedures.
- Recommend and execute changes to ensure/improve customer satisfaction
- Assist with collateral development, including editing / proofing of materials, coordination of external agency activities, and execution of electronic and social media strategies.
- Utilize MMA’s Document Control procedures to approve new and revise technical support, and training collateral.
- Coordinate necessary instruments and materials shipments with shipping/receiving, Field Service Engineering, and the laboratory customer
- Assist in the execution of product/procedure/assay changes consistent with regulatory guidelines and market trends.
- Train field organization, marketing staff and, where appropriate, customers on the MMA assay and system.
- Travel to conduct necessary off-site technical training.
- Supervise activities of Allos Split Sampling Program. Oversee program updates, changes and process improvements.
- Coordinate Allos Split Sampling Test Schedule with CLIA Licensed Laboratory.
- Participate in project teams and perform other duties as required by MMA.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Strong leadership skills and work ethic
- Solid communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Detailed knowledge of products, supplies, prices, availability, shipping requirements and contract terms and conditions.
- Strong writing skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to professionally interface with MMA customers, including distributors and medical personnel, acting as a consultant/educator of medical services.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of working time
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to understand complex technical products and markets and articulate their characteristics and nuances.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel),
- Working knowledge of cGLP.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to develop long-term relationships, track mission-critical information and effectively follow-up.
- Ability to work independently and to work closely with colleagues to implement strategies and tactics for overall commercial success of the company.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree in Sciences (Biology or Chemistry) – (degree is preferred)
- At least 3+ years experience in a biotech industry or technical support organization
This position has supervisory Responsibility.
- Laboratory Training Specialist team
- Technical Support
- Professional office environment
- Long periods of sitting and standing, using telephone, computer keyboard/mouse, viewing monitor up to 3 hours at a time and up to 8 plus hours total in a day.
- Corporate meetings and customer visits/training are mandatory.
- Ability to travel (approximately 20% )
Position type and expected hours of work
$70,000 – $80,000 A year
Ability to travel up to 20%
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Minaris Medical America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Minaris Medical America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Minaris management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.