MINARIS MEDICAL AMERICA
Production Associate I
The Production Associate I – Wet Chemistry position is located in Mountain View, CA. This position is responsible for allergen extract production, buffer manufacturing and reagent manufacturing support. This position will receive general instructions for routine work and detailed instruction for non-routine assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform allergen raw material extractions, which may include ammonium sulfate precipitation, protein purification, ultrafiltration, dialysis, bead beater, size exclusion and defatting processes.
- Perform SDS-PAGE / Western blot assays
- Perform total protein determinations
- Complete production documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain material inventory in Wet Chemistry group and order material when needed.
- Write and revise Batch records, Manufacturing Operating Procedures and Standard Operation Procedures, handle and dispose of hazardous waste.
- Regularly cleans and maintains a neat and organized work area
- Participates in continuous improvement activities
- Remain current on literature and relevant laboratory techniques
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Proficiency with biochemical, chemical and laboratory techniques
- Proficient knowledge of common laboratory equipment and instrumentation (Total Protein Assays, pH Meters, Analytical Balances, Pipettes, Centrifuge, SDS-PAGE, Western blots, Dialysis)
- Good Manufacturing Processes and Good Lab Practices experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze data with understanding and working knowledge of regressions, slope, %CV, standard deviation, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions in English
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to work flexible schedules (nights, weekends, overtime) as needed
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates the ability to succeed within a team-based environment
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with ability to initiate action
- Demonstrates a positive and professional demeanor
Education and Experience
- BS Degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with 2-4 years of laboratory experience preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Professional Office Environment
- Laboratory Environment
- Potential exposure to chemical/hazardous materials and bio-hazardous waste
- Potential Exposure to a cold room (2-8°C) environment for up to 20 minutes at a time
- Must wear protective equipment such as safety glasses, lab coats, hairnets, hard hats, face shields and any relevant equipment deemed, as necessary.
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent sitting and standing. (For up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8 hours total in a day)
- Ability to visually detect close and distant objects along with ability to see exceedingly small print.
- Frequent viewing of computer screen and use of mouse and keyboard. (For up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8 hours total in a day)
Position type and expected hours of work
$19.00 – $25.00/hour
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Minaris Medical America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Minaris Medical America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Minaris management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.