MINARIS MEDICAL AMERICA
Manufacturing Engineer Technician/Service Engineer I
The Manufacturing Engineer Technician/Service Engineer I position is primarily located in Mountain View, CA. This position is temporary, full-time, eligible for a variety of Health Benefits, 401k and paid time off. The incumbent for this position will use current Good Manufacturing Practices to perform a variety of preventative maintenance activities, as defined per Controlled Documents; Diagnose and repair instrumentation and provide facilities support. Work is generally performed in a manufacturing or lab environment. Work may be performed onsite or at various Customer locations.
The Manufacturing Engineer Technician/Service Engineer is responsible for maintaining a clean work environment, complying with regulatory requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. This position will receive general instructions for routine work and may be exposed to hazardous chemicals and loud noises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and maintain MMA clinical analyzers offsite and onsite.
- Diagnose and repair MMA instrumentation offsite and onsite.
- Support maintenance of stand-by generator
- Respond in a timely manner to manufacturing needs. Repair, maintain, operate, and troubleshoot production and test equipment.
- Write and revise Standard Operating Procedures for the maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Support preventative maintenance program for manufacturing equipment and ensure preventative maintenance is kept on schedule and documented. Perform preventative maintenance of MMA instrumentation off site and onsite.
- Provide facilities support by problem evaluation and corrective action.
- Fulfill engineering department responsibilities for the manufacture and testing of the AP3600 automated instrument. This includes but is not limited to the testing of the submodules, final assembly, final testing and the associated documentation.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and spare parts
- Support projects, as necessary
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Working knowledge of cGMP requirements
- Ability to perform installation of MMA instrumentation off site and onsite.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance of MMA instrumentation offsite and onsite.
- Ability to perform diagnosis and repair of MMA instrumentation offsite and onsite.
- Ability to travel (Domestically and Internationally)
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate clearly and concisely in English
- Working knowledge and experience with PC and MS applications
- Basic reading, writing, arithmetic (adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing), and critical-thinking skills
- Detail oriented, with good mechanical skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA Degree (Engineering) Preferred
- Two-years of experience in a cGMP Manufacturing environment of the biotech or pharmaceutical industries or equivalent (preferred)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Manufacturing and Lab environment
- Loud noises (occasional)
- Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Frequently lift up to 15 pounds
- Frequent use of hands (for up to 3 hours at a time and generally up to 8 hours total in a day)
- Long periods of standing (continuously for up to 3 hours at a time and up to 8 hours total in a day)
- Ability to move and lift up to 30 pounds on occasion.
- Must wear protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses, laboratory coats, hairnets, hard hats, face shields and any relevant equipment as required.
Position type and expected hours of work
- Full-time, Temporary
- Must be able to work flexible schedules (including nights, weekends, overtime) as needed.
$19.00 – $25.00/hour
- Up to 25% of the time.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Minaris Medical America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetics or any other legally protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, Minaris Medical America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Minaris management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary, at any time with or without notice.