MINARIS MEDICAL AMERICA
The Cost Accountant position is located in Mountain View, CA. The Cost Accountant will handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature and be responsible for management of Cost Accounting, along with other duties. This position will follow all regulatory, finance and accounting guidelines while performing finance activities, cost accounting, financial planning, preparing reporting materials and documents to upper management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform cost accounting and financial planning processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Analyze actual costs and prepare monthly reports comparing actual to forecasted production cost and other costs.
- Maintain production BOMs: review, analyze and update periodic plan cost with Operation
- Review/analyze inventory valuations and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in-regard to cost analyses and profitability
- Prepare estimate of new product cost or new business cost modeling
- Responsible for month-end closing, year-end closing
- Assist in the budgeting, forecasting of manufacturing variances, inventory and department expenses
- Work with manager in the monthly/yearly accounting closing – journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation and analysis of accounts
- Monthly Business Performance Reporting
- Budgets or forecasts
- Fixed Asset Management
- Prepare audit/tax PBC, provide data and answer inquiries
- Responsible for implementations, maintenance and adherence to internal control
- Self-starter, team player, able to meet tight deadlines, prioritizes appropriately and is flexible
- Ad hoc duties and other activities from headquarters as assigned by Manager/CFO
- Provide guidance to finance members
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Experience in cost accounting
- Experience & knowledge of full cycle of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Experience & understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of current GAAP & IFRS Accounting Principles and Cost Accounting Standards
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook,)
- Reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong, well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English
- Detail oriented
- Problem solver and positive attitude
- Experience with creating accounting manuals and procedures – preferred
- Reading & Writing Japanese language skill – preferred (not a must)
Education and Experience
Minimum 5 years of experience in full cycle accounting and 3 years of cost accounting – preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Professional Office Environment
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax.
- Work environment is international and racially diversified.
- Long periods of sitting continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8.0 plus hours l in a day
- Frequent use of hands (mouse, keyboard, writing) continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8.0 plus hours in a day
- Frequent viewing of computer screen continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8.0 plus hours total in a day
Position type and expected hours of work
- Full Time
Up to 10% (May travel to Japan, Conferences and other Company Locations)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice to support company requirements.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Minaris Medical America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Minaris Medical America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs, as necessary.